1kg Risotto rice
1kg Mushrooms, roughly chopped. I used wild mushrooms from the supermarket and chestnut
3x Onions, finely chopped
1x Garlic head, crushed or diced (don't be shy, this dish loves garlic)
1x Bottle of white wine
200g Parmesan cheese
Vegetable stock, I used about 2 litres of swiss marigold made up hot in a jug
Extra virgin rapeseed oil
Fresh flat leaf parsley
Salt and black pepper
1, Pour a massive glug of rapeseed oil in to the pan on medium heat and stir in the diced onions. Continue stirring and cook until transparent.
2. Add the chopped mushrooms, stir and cook for a couple of minutes.
3. In goes the garlic, stir for about 30 seconds then pour in the rice and continually stir until each grain is coated in oil.
4. Slowly pour in the wine until it appears all absorbed.
5. Bit by bit pour in the vegetable stock and gentle turn the rice so it doesn't stick to the bottom. Keep going until the rice is cooked and is a creamy texture.
6. Season with salt and black pepper and grate in a load of parmesan. Serve drizzled in that lovely British rapeseed oil and topped with torn parsley leaves.